Friday, August 15, 2008

Lasagna Rolls

I like lasagna it's an easy make ahead meal and who doesn't like pasta? My husband has been bugging me to make him some lasagna so I thought I would try something new to make it look nice. I've been seeing lots of "stuffed lasagna pasta" turned up on it's side. It looks very pretty so I thought I would try that. I also laid some down flat because the more I thought about it I thought the ruffled edges would dry out and be crunchy, which they did. Next time I would probably just heat it in the oven to melt the cheese if I turned it upright, otherwise keeping it flat worked just fine. The thing I loved most about this is that it's easy to serve. 1 roll was plenty per person and made sure everyone got a fair share so I knew exactly how many people it would serve.

LASAGNA ROLLS

2 links (1 pound) Italian sausage
1 pound hamburger meat
2 (26 ounce) cans traditional pasta sauce
1/2 tablespoon Mrs. Dash
1 tablespoon red pepper flakes
1/2 tablespoon garlic salt
dash cayenne pepper
1 tablespoon Italian seasoning
1 tablespoon sugar
1/4 cup chopped onion
2 tablespoons chopped cilantro
2 cups Mozzarella cheese

I like to start off by adding a couple tablespoons of plain pasta sauce to cover the bottom of the dishes I will be using.



Next I cook the meats and drain on a paper towel.


While the meat is draining I combine the remaining sauce and all the seasonings and heat over a medium-low heat.

Add the meat back in.


Stir to combine and remove from heat.


Next add in the cheese, onion and cilantro.



I pre cooked my noodles till they were almost done. Spread the meat mixture on the noodle leaving about an inch on each end so when you roll it up it has room to smooth out.


Place the roll in the prepared dish.


I then topped the rolls with the additional meat mixture and then covered it with cheese. Bake it at 350 degrees F. for 20 minutes.



Yummy now it's off to eat dinner and then rest up for the Kenny Chesney concert tomorrow!

1 comment:

  1. Yum! I am so jealous of you going to see Kenny Chesney. Have fun!

    I am making last minute ice cream for the sontest link you sent me. Thanks!

    ReplyDelete