Monday, September 22, 2008

Beef and Lime Rice Taco Salad


I've been busy trying out new ideas I had for the upcoming rice festivals and had one that was ok but can't figure out what's missing. My inspiration was a taco salad and the recipe came out good it's just missing a flavor I can't put my finger on. For sure the taco meat needs a packet of taco seasoning and it needs more lime juice since the only time I tasted lime was when I got some of the zest. I'll make this again, but it's not strong enough to be one of my entries in the contest this year and it made enough for my husband and I to eat lunches all week long, made too much. Of course I forgot to take pictures of the finished dish put together, but at least I got a quick little one.

Beef and Lime Rice Taco Salad

1 pound ground beef
3 cups water
1/2 teaspoon salt
1 teaspoon ground cumin
2 bags Success 10 minute rice
1 grated lime rind
juice from 1 lime
Toppings: salsa, shredded cheese, sour cream, tortilla chips
Cook beef in a 3 quart saucepan over medium-high heat until it crumbles. Drain meat and pat dry, set aside. Wipe pan clean. Add water, salt and cumin to pan and bring to a boil. Add rice; cover, reduce heat to cook 20 to 25 minutes or until water is absorbed and rice is tender. Stir in lime rind, juice and meat. Serve salad with desired toppings.

2 comments:

  1. I can't tell the taste, but it sure looks nice in the picture!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I made a lime and cilantro rice last night and it was really good. Cilantro, maybe?

    ReplyDelete