Monday, February 23, 2009

Blueberry Pecan Cream Cheese Spread

This past weekend I completed my concealed handgun class and worked on my craft room trying to get a little more organized and got a little crafting done. For less then $10 I installed 3 rods below the window to hold all my ribbon. I hate not knowing what I have and it was getting over whelming throwing them all in a box and having to dump them all out when I needed one. I like to decorate and I really like to stock up on ribbon after the holidays or when Hobby Lobby has them 1/2 off. I had hopes to use a tension rod instead of drilling in the wall, but the longest I could find was 48" and I needed 54". I have to make another trip to Home Depot to get another brace for the center so it won't sag, but otherwise I love it!

I like flavored cream cheeses, but considering they're always marked up I thought I would make my own plus I didn't have to make a trip up to the store. Any flavor fruit can be added and you'll just need to adjust the amount of sugar being put in.

Blueberry Pecan Cream Cheese Spread


8 ounces cream cheese, softened
1 cup blueberries, thawed, drained
4 teaspoons sugar
1 teaspoon milk
½ cup pecans, chopped

Blend together all ingredients except pecans in a small food processor until creamy. Stir in pecans. Spread on a lightly toasted blueberry bagel



No comments:

Post a Comment