Wednesday, March 25, 2009

Friends Award and a Side Dish

I'm so excited!!! I got an award and it's not just any award it's a friend award. I feel when you read and follow a blog you become part of that person's world and I hope that you feel that way about my blog. I feel like I know several of you even though we haven't ever met by reading your blog and others I've gotten to meet via cooking contest or through a friend of a friend type of deal. Blogs open up a connection and bond people through a whole other level.

Barbara over at Traveling Aprons has passed this award on to me. The award is accompanied with this message:

"These blogs are exceedingly charming. These kind bloggers aim to find and be friends. They are not interested in self-aggrandizement. Our hope is that when the ribbons of these prizes are cut, even more friendships are propagated."

I am passing this award on to some of my good blogger friends:

Scotti at The Oxford Family who just opened her store Smox Creations
my friend and fellow crafter Laura at Divine Domestics
Priscilla at Priscilla's Baking Adventures
Maria at Two Peas and Their Pods

Thank you guys for being great friends, opening your lives up to all of us readers and always leaving me sweet comments.





Today's side dish is from Sara's blog Today's Menu Take it or Leave it. The recipe originates from Allrecipes.com and it was super easy to throw together. I sprinkled a little cajun seasoning on top to give it a little kick.

Scalloped Corn and Broccoli
Makes about 4 servings

1 (15 ounce) can creamed corn
2 eggs, beaten
1 tablespoon sugar
2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
1 teaspoon salt
1/2 cup shredded Cheddar cheese
5 ounces frozen chopped broccoli
Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
Mix together the corn, eggs, sugar, flour and salt.


Add the cheese and broccoli, mix well and pour into a 2 quart casserole dish.



Bake for 1 hour.

5 comments:

  1. Allie, congratulations on your award. Well deserved!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks super friend for my friends award! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congrats and Thanks for passing the love onto me!!! the dish looks delish!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I popped in from Priscilla's blog. This recipe looks delicious. I'd love to try it! I'm a big fan of broccoli.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thank you so much for this award Alli!!

    ReplyDelete