Friday, July 24, 2009

Bloody Mary Ice Pops

I was recently notified that I was one of the lucky winners of the Slow Churned Neighborhood Salute for writing an essay about my neighborhood. Long story short I won an ice cream party for 100 people and that party is taking place tomorrow. I hope to post lots of pictures about the party on Monday so be on the look out. I wish all of you were in the area so you could join in on the fun!

I'm not a Bloody Mary fan, but I have some friends who are so I decided to try a recipe out on them that looked interesting. I know I forgot the vodka in the picture, but there is vodka in them. You can make these virgin by leaving out the vodka if you want.
Bloody Mary Ice Pops
(Adapted from Gourmet magazine July 2009)
Makes 8 ice pops
2 1/4 cups tomato juice (18 oz)
2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
1 teaspoon horseradish
3 or 4 drops Worcestershire sauce
1/4 cup vodka
1/2 teaspoon salt
1/2 teaspoon pepper
Blend all ingredients in a blender until smooth, then strain through a fine-mesh sieve, into a measuring cup, pressing on and then discarding solids. Pour into molds. (I only have 4 molds so I used small plastic cups and inserted toothpicks.)
Freeze 30 minutes. Insert sticks, then freeze until firm, about 24 hours.

3 comments:

  1. This is like the most awesome recipe. I AM a huge bloody mary fan and I think I would adore these. So cool.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love bloody mary's. Mine are always virgin though cause I really don't like the taste of alcohol. I would like to just sip one of these out of a glass. They look good.

    Congrats on your essay winning the ice cream party. Way to go!
    Ramona

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a great recipe and so different, too. I'm going to like these.

    ReplyDelete