Monday, July 20, 2009

Roasted Spicy Broccoli

I have to admit I love watching reality tv. Why, I have no idea. It's not like I don't have enough drama going on in my own life that I feel the need to watch someone else with 10 times the issues I do. I guess in a way it makes you feel better about your horrible day after you watch their issues. I'm hooked on So You Think You Can Dance, Real Housewives of NY and Orange County, Big Brother, American Idol, Top Chef, Hell's Kitchen....you name them there's a chance I might watch it. Anyway, Bethenny Frankel I originally saw on Martha Stewart's version of Donald Trumps show where she was a contestant. Now she's a star on Real Housewives of NY and promotes her new book and line of Skinny Girl products. I decided to give a couple of her recipes a try so first up is an easy side dish to eat with our not so skinny steak for Sunday Steak Night at our house. :)
Our thoughts on it was that it was ok, but as usual we had to add more seasoning to kick it up to be considered "spicy".

Roasted Spicy Broccoli

Ingredients:
4 C broccoli florets
1 small red pepper, chopped in 1" squares
1/2 tsp. red pepper flakes
2 T extra virgin olive oil
Salt and Pepper
½ tsp crushed red pepper
Zest of ½ lemon
1 garlic clove, minced

Preheat oven to 400 Degrees. Roast for 15 minutes, then toss and continue to roast for 15-20 minutes or until tender.

2 comments:

  1. I love roasted vegetables but I've never done broccoli. I'm obviously going to have to change that. This sounds really good.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love broccoli. This looks like a recipe I need to try.
    Ramona

    ReplyDelete