Monday, October 26, 2009

Tiramisu Dip

Today's recipe is more of a treat then a trick. If I had to pick one of my favorite desserts I would have to say tiramisu. I hate to order it when we go out to dinner, because it's really hard to find a good one. If you make it at home there's a lot of waiting and it takes a while to make a good one. Then there's the mess factor as my hubby would call it with cocoa all over the place. Well, I've found something even better! This is really good made in advance since it takes 4 hours in the fridge to chill. I don't know while because it tasted the same and looked the same as when I made it, but whatever it's in the directions for a reason! This is one of those dishes that inspires me to change up a classic dish to something totally different like a dip. I do hope you try this it's really really good!!

Tiramisu Dip
(Adapted from Fiesta monthly mailer)

4 ounces mascarpone cheese
4 ounces sour cream
1/4 cup brown sugar
2 tablespoons Marsala cooking wine
2 tablespoons cooled espresso
2+ tablespoons heavy cream
seasonal fruit
lady fingers

Combine cheese, sour cream, brown sugar, wine and espresso in small bowl. Mix with electric mixer until smooth. Add 2 tablespoons cream and blend, adding additional cream until dip reaches desired consistency. Chill 4 hours. Serve with fruit and ladyfingers.

3 comments:

  1. Pretty easy to make. Most of the stores around here don't carry marscarpone. I'll have to look for it next time I make it to one of the bigger stores.

    Ramona

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a lovely recipe. I bet all who got to taste it really loved it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm glad you posted this one...it's one of my favorites!

    ReplyDelete