Thursday, December 17, 2009

Cappuccino Waffle Mix

My original game plan was gonna be to do a post everyday this week showing you some of the gifts I made for this year, but I got a little late start so let's get started so you have time to make them if you're looking for some last minute gift ideas.

I have to admit I really like this recipe. I fixed up a batch and got the hubby hooked on them so looks like I'll need to mix up a few more batches! There was a coffee syrup recipe along with this, but I ran out of time to make that. I have included it on this post in case you want to give it a try. You might want to make a note on the instructions to let it stand for a minute or so, because you'll end up with crunchy coffee granules.

Cappuccino Waffle Mix with Coffee Syrup
(Adapted from Gifts From The Kitchen)

1 1/3 cup all-purpose flour
1/3 cup powdered milk
1/3 cup powdered non-dairy creamer
2 teaspoons baking powder
1/2 teaspoon salt
2 tablespoons instant coffee granules
1/2 teaspoon cinnamon

Combine first 5 ingredients in a medium bowl. Combine coffee granules and cinnamon in a small bowl. Spoon half of the flour mixture into a pint-sized jar. Layer coffee mixture over flour mixture. Spoon remaining flour mixture and seal container.(I mixed everything together and spooned it into some festive holiday bags my mother in law gave me.) Makes 2 cups.

Be sure to include the instructions on the package:

Beat 1/2 cup softened butter, one cup sugar and 1/2 teaspoons vanilla extract at medium speed with an electric mixer until creamy. Gradually blend butter mixture into waffle mix with a pastry blender or 2 forks until crumbly. Place mixture in a mixing bowl; add 3/4 cup water and 2 eggs, stirring until just combined. Bake according to waffle iron manufacturer's directions.


Coffee Syrup

1 cup brewed coffee
2 cups sugar

Combine both ingredients in a heavy saucepan; cook over medium-high heat, stirring constantly, until sugar dissolves. Bring to a boil, without stirring; boil 2 minutes. Remove from heat; cool to room tempreature. Store in an airtight container in the refrigerator. Makes 1 3/4 cups.

I could use some votes for my Spoon Theme Ornament/Gift Topper in Michaels craft contest so if you have a second it takes 2 clicks. Thanks!!

1 comment:

  1. What a neat idea. I love waffles. Need to get a new iron though. Maybe Santa will bring me one.

    ReplyDelete