Friday, January 22, 2010

Captain Louie

I have the obsession of downloading apps on my phone and forgetting to use them. So the other day I started revisiting ones I downloaded and tried out a couple drinks from it. This drink is more of a shot, but it's something different and I need to build up my tolerance again since rodeo season is kicking up again. Ah yes, the Hide Party is tonight so I'll share pictures with you on Monday. If you are a newer reader then you are asking yourself...what the heck is she talking about? Well, the Hide Party is where they have a nice dinner, some scholarship recipients speak and we pick up the hide from the steer we bought the prior year. Tune in Monday and I'll share all the details with you.

Captain Morgan is my favorite rum, so I was excited to find a shot that used it. It's got a little burn going down, but then again I don't do a lot of shots that often. Overall I liked it and will probably try it again.


Captain Louie
(Adapted from Drink & Cocktails App on Iphone)

1/2 shot spiced rum (Captain Morgan)
1/2 shot Kahlua
2 drops vanilla extract

Mix in order into a shot glass.

2 comments:

  1. Looking forward to hearing all about the hide party. Sounds like it might taste good, but since I don't drink very often - I'd have to dilute it a little.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Intriguing and filed for the proper occasion.

    ReplyDelete