Wednesday, May 12, 2010

Monkey Bread Muffins

So I have to confess I thought I had biscuits in the fridge stashed away, but I didn't. I already preped everything and was set on making these so I used a package of Pillsbury bread sticks instead. They tasted good, just not as fluffy as the biscuits would have been.

Monkey Bread Muffins
(Adapted from Home Cooking with Trisha Yearwood)

1 (12 ounce) can biscuits (10 in each can)
3 tablespoons hot maple syrup
1/4 cup (1/2 stick) butter, melted
2/3 cup sugar
1 tablespoon ground cinnamon
1/2 cup finely chopped pecans

Preheat the oven to 375 degrees F.

Place cupcake liners in 12 muffin cups. With kitchen shears, cut each biscuit into 4 pieces.

In a small bowl, combine the maple syrup and melted butter.

In a seperate bowl, mix the sugar, cinnamon and chopped pecans.

Dip each biscuit piece into the maple butter, and roll in the sugar mixture.

Place 3 or 4 pieces in each muffin cup, pressing to compact.

Bake the muffins for 15 to 17 minutes. Allow to cool in the pan for 5 minutes before removing to wire racks. Serve warm.

1 comment:

  1. I know how it is when you get set to make something. Good for you for finding a substitute.

    ReplyDelete