Friday, May 21, 2010

Strawberry Pie

I really like when summer starts to kick off and there's lots of fresh fruit out. Our local store has had lots of fruits on sale so I picked up some strawberries to make a pie I haven't had in I don't know how long. Check out how big these are:

I didn't get any pictures of the sliced pie because we finished it up pretty quickly. Yummy!!

Last chance to enter the cookbook giveaway!! Click HERE for details.

Strawberry Pie

1 cup sugar
2 tablespoons cornstarch
1 cup water
1/4 cup strawberry jello
2 cups strawberries, halved
baked 9 inch pie shell
cool whip

Cook first 3 ingredients until thick and clear.

Remove from heat and add jello. Cool.

Wash berries and remove stems, drain on paper towels and pat dry before mixing with cooled filling.

Mix berries with filling and pour in baked shell.

Refrigerate before serving to set. Top with whipped cream if desired.

I used the rest of the jello and made some fruit cups.

1 comment: