Friday, August 27, 2010

Flavored Olive Oils

I'm so excited about today's post because it involves a vacation flash back. I also have a big winner or the 250 labels/stickers from uprinting.com. Our winner is Barbara from Traveling Aprons!!! Congrats and I hope you enjoy them!!!

On our trip to Europe on of my favorite things I came across was flavored olive oils. I didn't realize how versatile it really was. It's not just used to pour in the pan and saute some meat or use it to only dip bread in. You can drizzle this stuff on anything!

Our lunch in Tuscany at Tenuta Torciano is where I fell IN LOVE with truffle olive oil. OMG I could pour this stuff straight in my mouth and drink it all. If you want to spoil yourself get some HERE. It'll change your life!! Drizzling it on some homemade lasagna is pure heaven!
In Naples we had to have pizza since it was born there. They had this red pepper olive oil on the table that was delish!
So of course I had to try making a few of my own. I started out with a lavender olive oil. I can't wait to try this with some home made bread. I made some lavender pasta for a friend of mine and decided to make her a little something extra so I made one for both of us.

I've been growing some herbs, more like trying to not let them die in the heat. I mixed up a batch of rosemary olive oil.
My last one was red pepper olive oil, because we like things with a little heat!

I used some old balsamic vinegar bottles I saved and now I have to wait 2 weeks to test out the flavors. Save your money and try making your own flavors.

1 comment: