Monday, July 26, 2010

Enchilada Dip

Good Monday morning to everyone! I hope you had a wonderful weekend. We had some family over to swim on Saturday and then what we thought was an afternoon flair up turned into heavy rain and hail. This weather is crazy I tell you! At least it cooled it off some. Sunday was a beautiful day. We got to relax a little and enjoy the nice clear skies.

Oh I have some big news....I'm so excited you'll be seeing some big changes to my blog this week!! I'm finally getting a makeover and from what I've seen so far I can't wait to see the final product.

I've held onto this recipe for a year and a half now and keep telling myself I'm gonna make it for the next party then I never do because my friends request the same stuff over and over again. (You know who you are out there!) It's like kids you give in just to make sure everyone's a happy camper. Anyway I took the plunge and made it for 4th of July and let me tell you it was a huge hit! Insert happy dance! I love when things you're unsure about turn out to be a big success.

Enchilada Dip
(Adapted from Love At First Bite)
Printer Friendly Version

1 large 13 oz. bag Doritos
2 Tbsp. onion, grated
10 oz. can chili with beans
10-15 oz. can enchilada sauce
8 oz. can tomato sauce
1 and 1/2 cups shredded Cheddar cheese

Topping ingredients:
2 cups Doritos, crushed
1/2 cup shredded Cheddar cheese
1 and 1/4 cups sour cream

1. Preheat oven to 375 degrees F.

2. Crumble 6 cups Doritos into a large mixing bowl. Add the onion, the chili, the enchilada sauce, tomato sauce, and 1 and 1/2 cups of the Cheddar cheese to the crumbled Doritos.

Stir with a rubber spatula to combine.

Place mixture into an 8.5 x 11-inch oven proof casserole dish. Bake for 20 minutes.

3. Remove from the oven. Spread the sour cream over the top of the casserole with a large spoon or a rubber spatula. Top with remaining 2 cups Doritos. Then sprinkle with the 1/2 cup of the Cheddar cheese. Bake for another 5 minutes and serve warm.

2 comments:

  1. The new blog format looks fantastic!! And I'm glad you finally posted this dip! So good!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the new blog layout! I will have to click over from my feed reader to enjoy it more often!

    ReplyDelete