Tuesday, September 7, 2010

Mochalatta Chill

I needed a little pick me up today to try and get back into a routine. I took a couple days off of blogging to spend time with the hubby and the 4 days off he had. As much as I love spending time with him, I am glad he's back to work today. How was your Labor Day? We took it pretty easy and swam, hung out with friends and waited for a cold front to make it's way down. It's back to raining again, but today's high is supposed to be 83!! I'm so excited!!! It won't last long, but it's a start for Fall to roll in.

I really like the Starbucks and Cinnabon Mochafrappa or Mochalata Chills. They're super sweet, but a small one makes me happy every once in a while, except for the price of them. I found a copy cat recipe for the one at Cinnabon and it turned out really good. I used the instant coffee since I don't drink coffee and don't keep it around the house. Mine came out a little strong so I had to add some more chocolate. It's not the healthiest thing in the world first thing in the morning, but it's a nice treat once in a great while.

Mochalatta Chill
(Adapted from Top Secret Recipes)

Printer Friendly Version

1 cup double strength coffee, cold
1 cup half and half
1/2 cup Hershey’s chocolate syrup
whipped cream for topping

Combine all ingredients in a small pitcher. Stir well or cover and shake.

Pour over ice in two 16 ounce glasses, and top with whipped cream.

1 comment:

  1. I was sewing up a storm. Poor hubby was taking his work truck apart...

    That looks so good!

    ReplyDelete