Monday, December 27, 2010

Avocado Ranch Dip

IMG_7917

I hope everyone had a wonderful Christmas! I know we had a good one. Finally got a cold front to cool it down a little and make it feel a little more like winter time.  I’ll do a Christmas recap this week, but first I wanted to share a yummy dip recipe you’ll want to try.

I’ve been on a dip hunt for a while trying out some new things for parties and I think I’ve found my new favorite one. Super easy to make just dump it all in a food processor and it’s ready. What I like most about this dip is it’s really creamy and nice and thick none of that watery stuff. I munched on some 2 days later and the avocados hadn’t made the dip turn brown so you could easily make this a day in advance. I’m not sure where this recipe came from, I had found it on the side of a holiday dip container box.

IMG_7902

Avocado Ranch Dip

Printer Friendly Version

1 (16 ounce) container sour cream
1 (8 ounce) package cream cheese, softened
1 (1 ounce) package ranch dressing mix
¾ teaspoon hot sauce
1/4 teaspoon garlic salt
1/4 teaspoon celery salt
2 avocados, peeled and pitted

In a food processor, mix together all ingredients except  avocados.

IMG_7905IMG_7909

In a bowl, mash the avocados, and then gently stir into the sour cream mixture until well blended.

IMG_7910IMG_7912

Cover and chill.

IMG_7915

1 comment: