Monday, December 13, 2010

Marshmallow Peppermint Sauce

IMG_7776

To add a little variety to my gift baskets I made a dessert sauce. It could be a topping for ice cream served warm or cold or a dipping sauce for cookies and fruit as well. Super easy to make too which I loved. I doubled the recipe, but if you do 1 batch it will make enough to fill 3 8-ounce jars.

And just because I’m short on time (and lazy) I was excited to see these little bags at HEB near the nuts and coconut on the baking isle.

IMG_7628

Before I get to the recipe I wanted to congratulate our winner of the Glee Gum candy kit babygirl92699!! Hope you enjoy making your treats as much as we did!

Marshmallow Peppermint Sauce
(Adapted from Cooks.com)

Printer Friendly Version

2/3 c. light corn syrup
3 tbsp. butter
7 oz. jar (1 1/2 c.) marshmallow creme
1/2 c. half & half
1/2 c. crushed hard peppermint candy

In medium saucepan, cook corn syrup and butter over low heat until mixture comes to a boil, stirring constantly. Cook 5 minutes, stirring constantly.

IMG_7631IMG_7634IMG_7635

Stir in marshmallow creme, blending well. Cool 5 minutes.

IMG_7639

Gradually add half & half, stirring until mixture is smooth.

IMG_7641IMG_7643

Fold in crushed candy.

IMG_7645

Serve warm or cool over ice cream. Store any remaining topping in refrigerator. Makes 2 cups.

IMG_7648

To dress up the jars I printed out the title in red font on green paper then using my scrapbooking circle punch punched them out  to attach to the top of the jar.

IMG_7771IMG_7772IMG_7773IMG_7775

1 comment: