Monday, December 20, 2010

Tiramisu Snack Mix

IMG_7756

Here’s one of the super easy recipes that tasted really good. We can’t stop snacking on it! I did make some changes to make the 2nd batch I made which I think came out better. You can find those changes at the end of the post. 

IMG_7754

Tiramisu Snack Mix
(Adapted from Gifts From The Kitchen)

Printer Friendly Version

6 cups chocolate Chex
1 can (6 ounces) salted roasted almonds
6 ounces white baking chocolate, chopped
2 teaspoons shortening, divided
2 teaspoons instant espresso powder
⅓ cup semisweet chocolate chips

Place cereal and almonds in a large bowl; set aside.

IMG_7709

In a microwave, melt white chocolate and 1 teaspoon shortening; stir in espresso powder until smooth.

IMG_7711IMG_7712IMG_7713IMG_7717

Pour over cereal mixture and toss to coat.

IMG_7718IMG_7726

In a microwave, melt chocolate chips and remaining shortening; stir until smooth.

IMG_7725IMG_7727

Drizzle over cereal mixture and toss to coat.

IMG_7729

Spread onto waxed paper-lined baking sheets. Refrigerate until set. Store in an airtight container.

I made the first batch as the directions said and it didn’t look as pretty as I had hoped to so the next batch I made I melted all of the chocolate, shortening and espresso together then tossed the Chex in. I also mixed in some Amaretto and I think that took it to a whole new level which I loved.

IMG_7730

IMG_7752IMG_7759

2 comments: