One of my new favorite side dishes to make when we have the grill going are these bacon wrapped asparagus. They are so easy to make and full of flavor.
First I trim the asparagus and clean them. Then drizzle some olive oil on top and sprinkle with seasoning (I used Buddy’s Blends) set aside.
I precook the bacon just to cut down on the amount of time on the grill because asparagus cook quickly.
You don’t want to over cook the bacon because you need it to still be bendable to wrap around the bacon. You can either use to skewers to do a row of bacon wrapped asparagus or use toothpicks.
They will grill quick, you don’t want to overcook, the asparagus will become mushy and your bacon will burn.
For the Jack Daniel’s Chicken I make up a tasty batch of the glaze. They even make great gifts like I did for Christmas!
Jack's All-Purpose BBQ Glaze(Adapted from Jack Daniel’s)
½ cup Jack Daniel's® Tennessee Whiskey
½ cup soy sauce
½ cup ketchup
1 cup brown sugar
1 teaspoon garlic powder
Combine all ingredients in a small saucepan. Simmer until slightly thickened, about 5 minutes. Makes about 2 cups.
I used chicken wings and sprinkled on some Buddy’s Blends then grilled them.
When they get to the last 5 minutes of cooking you want to start glazing them with the Jack Daniel’s Sauce.
When they come off the grill I give them one more toss in the sauce and they’re ready! MMMMMM
The fine folks over at Packaging Services Company have graciously offered one of Finding Inspiration In Food readers a bag of Jack Daniel's Whiskey Barrel Charcoal and Smoker Blocks (6.8 pounds). To be honest once you've tried this product you won't be buying any other brand ever again!
Whiskey Barrel® Charcoal originates from authentic Jack Daniel’s® oak aging barrels. Barrels are emptied at maturity and a portion of the whiskey remains inside the wood. The charcoal briquet's are made with these barrel pieces. Also included are smoker blocks which are cut directly from whiskey-saturated barrel staves, the blocks capture a pleasant mix of caramel, vanilla and wood notes and will impart an extraordinary smoked flavor to grilled foods. As seasons change, whiskey is drawn in and out of the oak wood barrel.
For more product information be sure to visit www.frontiercharcoal.com
Enter to win a bag of Jack Daniel's Whiskey Barrel Charcoal and Smoker Blocks:
-Leave a comment and tell us what you would love to grill using the a bag of Jack Daniel's Whiskey Barrel Charcoal and Smoker Blocks.
(The mandatory entry must be completed in order for any bonus entries to count.)
- For 2 additional entries follow me on Twitter and leave a comment that you do. Be sure to leave 2 separate comments telling me your a follower!!
- For 2 additional entries become a Finding Inspiration In Food follower and leave a comment that you do. Be sure to leave 2 separate comments telling me your a follower!!
- For 2 additional entries “like” Finding Inspiration In Food on Facebook and leave a comment that you did. Be sure to leave 2 separate comments telling me you liked the page!!
- Leave a comment any non-giveaway post and let me know in a comment which one you left it on.
- Share my giveaway on twitter or Facebook and leave me a link in a comment. (Click on the time stamp and copy the link in the address bar).
- Grab my button and place it on your blog or website and tell me where it is by leaving a link in your comment so that I can check
Contest ends Thursday, January 20, 2011 at midnight central time (UPDATE: CONTEST HAS BEEN EXTENDED TO THURSDAY, JANUARY 27TH) and I'll post a winner Friday morning. I will chose the winner via Random.org, and the winner will be notified by e-mail. Make sure to leave your email, or have your contact available on your blogger site.
JACK DANIEL'S and OLD NO. 7 are registered trademarks used under license to Packaging Service Company, Inc. This contest is courtesy of Packaging Service Company, Inc. and Jack Daniel's(r) Whiskey Barrel(r) Charcoal and is NOT being offered by Jack Daniel's(r), Lynchburg, TN. This product, prize pack and information away were all given to me from Packaging Service Company, Inc. I was not paid for this promotion.