Monday, March 28, 2011

Mediterranean Shrimp Fettuccine

IMG_0023

You all know how I love my pasta and I love a quick meal even more! Our local HEB has monthly magazines that I always pick up (If you don’t have an HEB visit their site to find all of their recipes). I like the coupons they have and I like the quick menu ideas they also share. Usually they have samples in the store where they do their cooking demos to also promote the items.

Overall I really loved how quick and easy this dish is to make. The only change I would make is to grill the shrimp instead of boiling them to add some more flavor. We had to add seasoning to it, but that’s just us and out love for spicy food.

Mediterranean Shrimp Fettuccine
(Adapted from HEB)

Printer Friendly Version

1 bag (12 oz.) H-E-B Wild Brown Jumbo Shrimp, thawed
1 c. H-E-B Sour Cream, low fat or fat free
1/2 c. H-E-B Reduced Fat Crumbled Feta Cheese
1/4 c. H-E-B Sun Dried Tomato Strips
1/4 c. fresh basil leaves, thin sliced
1/4 tsp. Central Market Organics Red Pepper
3 cloves H-E-B Ready, Fresh, Go! Garlic, chopped fine
* salt and pepper, to taste
8 oz. H-E-B Fettuccine Pasta, uncooked (1/2 pkg.)
1 bag (6 oz.) H-E-B Ready, Fresh, Go! Baby Spinach Leaves

Peel and devein shrimp. Place in a small bowl, set aside.

In a large pasta bowl, combine sour cream, feta cheese, sundried tomato strips, basil, crushed red pepper, and chopped garlic. Season to taste with salt and black pepper.

IMG_0012

Cook pasta according to package directions, but after the first 8 minutes of cooking, add spinach and shrimp to boiling pasta. Bring water to a boil, cook 2 more minutes. Drain thoroughly. (I sautéed the shrimp in a separate pan and added additional seasoning to spice it up. When they where close to being doing I added the spinach and let it wilt down.)

IMG_0013IMG_0014

Add to pasta bowl with sour cream mixture.

IMG_0016

Toss to coat. Season to taste with salt and pepper. Serve immediately.

IMG_0022IMG_0024

2 comments:

  1. Oh how I love me some HEB. I really miss their cryo'ed preseasoned fajitas and their bags of frozen chicken fried steaks with the gravy packets. This recipe looks great too.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awesome looking. I can see that grilling the shrimp would make it better!

    ReplyDelete