Wednesday, March 23, 2011

Salsa Mix Review

IMG_4516

Have you made salsa from a packet like this? I got a free sample in the mail so I thought I would give it a shot. Hubby likes the warm cooked salsas as well as the fresh so I thought it would be an easy last minute sub for when we wanted salsa and I didn’t wanna make it all from scratch.

IMG_4508

I wasn’t too impressed with this. I mean yes it’s easy, but I don’t know if it was the combination of seasonings they had or what, but we ended up tossing it out we didn’t like it at all. I felt bad wasting it, but the flavor just stuck in your mouth sound bad that there was no way I could have used this in another dish to sneak it in.

IMG_4509IMG_4512

Overall I would never buy this again, but I would give Ball another try, because their a company who’s been around for a long time. I guess it’s back to making my one from scratch. (Click HERE for my recipe.)

IMG_4513IMG_4518

1 comment:

  1. I hate wasting ingredients. Sometimes free isn't really free is it?

    ReplyDelete