Friday, April 15, 2011

Lucky Dog Sweet & Savory Event

IMG_9978 [800x600]

This past Sunday I attended an event for Lucky Dog Rescue and as many of you know this is an organization dear to my heart because this is where we got our baby Mocha from. How could you not love this face?!?!

IMG_9937 [800x600]

We went to take pictures in the bluebonnets Saturday at my in laws which didn’t go so well. Mocha was being a diva so I didn’t get many pictures of her because she didn’t want to look at me. Then it was super hot and super windy. Since we haven’t had much rain the bluebonnets where not as bright as usual and they where really small. Oh well, we managed to get one family shot so that’s all that matters!

Anyway, back to Sunday. I ‘m excited that I got to experience my first food truck! Now I’m obsessed with them haha! There’s a new show on Cooking Channel called Eat Street which is awesome. They also have an app that I downloaded and it allows you to find all the food trucks in your area. Very cool! So for the reception we started out with Matt Marcus from Eatsie Boys Smoked Harrison Hog Farm Belly, Homemade Hoisin, Crunchy Black Bean Sauce, Homemade Pickle, Fresh Scallion on a Fluffy Steamed Bun. All of that was paired with a Hibiscus Punch with Hudson Ferus Vodka (a Texas vodka). Wow this was an awesome course it all just melts in your mouth!

photoIMG_9976 [800x600]IMG_9974 [800x600]IMG_9980 [800x600]

For the first course, Ryan Pera of Revival Market served up Clams, Revival Salumi, Spring Leeks, Peas and Rice. That was paired with a 2009 Ragotiere Muscadet Serve et Maine, Loire Valley. I enjoyed this course their homemade Salumi is wonderful.

IMG_9982 [800x600]IMG_9984 [800x600]

Second Course was from Jason Gould of Cyclone Anaya’s, Smoked Pork Sopes, Chipotle Tomato Jam, Pickled Red Onions, Avocado Cojita Cheese paired with 2008 Syncline Subduction Red, Columbia Valley. First of all let me tell you I could live in that avocado wow that was good. Hubby isn’t much of an avocado fan, but he really liked it too. Hubby said it was his favorite course.

IMG_9985 [800x600]IMG_9987 [800x600]

Third course Seth Siegel of Kata Robata had one of my favorite courses. Barely Buzzed Cheddar, Toasted Lavender Meringue, Nasturtium, Chicory paired with Saint Arnold’s Root Beer. For me this was my favorite course! The pears where cooked in coffee crust and let me tell you AMAZING! A masterpiece in my mind complete with edible flowers for added color.

IMG_9994 [800x600]IMG_9993 [800x600]

Four Course Philip Speer of Uchi & Uchiko had a very interesting dish and I can’t wait to visit his restaurant. Pretzels, Chocolate, Beer, Mustard, Cream Cheese, Peanut paired with Saint Arnold’s Brown Ale. Holy moly this was a cool dish. The chips on top that look like chocolate bark is actually cream cheese.

IMG_0002 [800x600]IMG_9999 [800x600]

Course number five is from Rebecca Masson of Fluff Bake Bar with her Pistachio, Rhubarb and Raspberry paired with Engine Room Sparkling Red, McLaren Vale. I wasn’t a fan of the sparkling red it was just odd. The dessert on the other hand was soo good, I think rhubarb is under used and has a really good flavor that many people don’t know about.

IMG_0003 [800x600]

The last course came from Chris Leung of Bootsie’s Heritage CafĂ©. A great was to end the evening! Tainori Ganache, Caraway, Buckwheat, Lemon & Caramel paired with Chai Spiced Arnold Palmer with Hudson Ferus Vodka. We really enjoyed the drink and it paired really nice with the dish.

IMG_0006 [800x600]IMG_0011 [800x600]IMG_0013 [800x600]

In addition to the fabulous meal, they also held a silent auction and ended up raising $7,300 towards more happy tails. Such a fun event I’m said it’s over! Hope you have a fantastic weekend I’ll be back Monday with a super easy Easter treat.

IMG_0014 [800x600]

1 comment:

  1. What a cool way to get to experience serious gourmet food!

    ReplyDelete