Friday, September 2, 2011

Banana Oatmeal Shake

IMG_4671

Trying to sneak in some healthy options for breakfast I found this recipe online using oatmeal. You have to blend the heck out of it if you have picky texture people like my hubby, but we both really enjoyed this. It makes the perfect amount for 2 people. I really liked that it wasn’t overly sweet. The natural sweetness from the banana and the addition of the honey is all you need.

IMG_4670

Banana Oatmeal Shake
(Adapted from Twin Tables)

Printer Friendly Version

1 cup ice
1 Tablespoon peanut butter
1 banana
2 teaspoons honey
1/3 cup rolled oats (uncooked)
2 Splenda packets
Water or Milk to thin shake to desired consistency

Place all in a blender, give it a whirl, pour in a glass, slip in a straw.

IMG_4663IMG_4666

2 comments:

  1. Okay, that's a great way to get your whole grains.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This looks delicious. I think I'll have to give it a try the next time I have some bananas.

    ReplyDelete