Friday, December 9, 2011

Garlic Cheese Spread

IMG_7268

Last weekend we had our first round of Christmas at the farm with my husband’s dad’s house. We had such a great time. My sister in law loves to bring fun games to get everyone involved, so we played tiddlywinks and pickup sticks. Both where a lot of fun. Since my in-laws did all the cooking I wanted to bring something so I chose this quick dip to munch on while we visited before eating. It’s really simple and packed a lot of flavor. I’m glad most of it was eaten then because the next day it was so addicting hubby and I finished it off. It taste really similar to Alouette cheese spread. I will be making this for future parties I can’t get enough of it!

Garlic Cheese Spread
(Adapted from Taste of Home Homemade Food Gifts 2011)

Printer Friendly Version

1 package (8 ounces) cream cheese, softened
1 tablespoon olive oil
3 tablespoons grated Parmesan cheese
2 tablespoons minced green onion
1 garlic clove, minced
1/4 teaspoon pepper

Flatbread, focaccia bread or assorted crackers

In a small bowl, beat cream cheese and oil until fluffy.

IMG_7254IMG_7256

Add the Parmesan cheese, onion, garlic and pepper; beat until well blended.

IMG_7265IMG_7264

Spoon into a small container. Cover and refrigerate at least 1 hour. Serve with flatbread, focaccia or crackers. Store in the refrigerator. Yield: 1 cup.

IMG_7267

2 comments:

  1. Sounds yummy! What did you use to dip it with?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I used pita chips, but you could use any kind of cracker.

    ReplyDelete