Friday, January 13, 2012

Spicy Thai Noodles

IMG_7497

I had served these noodles with the Bang Bang Shrimp from Wednesday’s post. Although I didn’t follow the directions to a T, they where just ok. I probably won’t make them again, although if I had something better to pair it with then I might. I also didn’t care for them cold as they instructed, it was better warm.

Spicy Thai Noodles
(Adapted from A Small Snippet)

Printer Friendly Version

1 box Linguine or angel hair pasta I used a 14 ounce box of Thai Kitchen Stir-Fry Rice Noodles
1-2 tablespoons crushed red pepper
¼ cup vegetable oil
½ cup sesame oil
6 tablespoons honey
6 tablespoons soy sauce
½ cup green onions
2 carrots, peeled and shredded
½ cup cilantro
¾ cup peanuts
toasted sesame seeds

Boil noodles. Drain.

IMG_7489

Chop green onions, cilantro, and peanuts.

IMG_7481

Heat oils and crushed red pepper over medium heat in a small pan for 2 minutes. Stain out peppers and reserve oil. I skipped this and used my home made red pepper olive oil.

To oil, whisk in honey and soy sauce.

IMG_7478

Toss mixture with noodles. Refrigerate overnight or until cold. Before serving, top each serving with onions, cilantro, carrots, peanuts and toasted sesame seeds. Serve cold.

IMG_7503IMG_7498

1 comment:

  1. I'm one of those people that could eat a rice or noodle dish every meal.

    YUM!

    ReplyDelete