Monday, January 2, 2012

White Chicken Enchiladas

IMG_7384

Hope everyone recovered from the holiday’s just fine and is ready to get back in the swing of things. We had a nice Christmas vacation as well as New Years. I got a few new kitchen toys, but overall we had a low key Christmas. I didn’t decorate much this year, instead trying to enjoy the season a little more since I usually hate this time of year. It’s all overdone and so stressful that you just don’t enjoy it as much.

Since we’re back in the swing of things here’s a new casserole dish I tried out for the hubby to take to work. I honestly really liked the way they came out and how easy they are. I did add some jalapenos and extra seasoning, but I would make this again for sure.

White Chicken Enchiladas
(Adapted from Joyful Momma’s Kitchen)

Printer Friendly Version

10 soft taco shells
2 cups cooked, shredded chicken
2 cups shredded Monterey Jack cheese
3 Tbsp. butter
3 Tbsp. flour
2 cups chicken broth
1 cup sour cream
1 (4 oz) can diced green chillies

Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Grease a 9x13 pan.

Mix chicken and 1 cup cheese.

IMG_7358

Roll up in tortillas and place in pan.

IMG_7359

In a sauce pan, melt butter, stir in flour and cook 1 minute.

IMG_7360IMG_7361

Add broth and whisk until smooth. Heat over medium heat until thick and bubbly.

IMG_7364IMG_7365

Stir in sour cream and chilies. Do not bring to boil, you don't want curdled sour cream. We like things with more spice so I also added in some sliced jalapenos.

IMG_7367IMG_7369

Pour over enchiladas and top with remaining cheese.

IMG_7371IMG_7373

Bake 22 min and then under high broil for 3 min to brown the cheese.

IMG_7384IMG_7383IMG_7387

2 comments:

  1. Happy new year, Allison! I prefer a white sauce on enchiladas. These look delicious!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I bet you are putting your new toys to good use!

    These look really good.

    ReplyDelete