Monday, April 30, 2012

Best Dressing

IMG_1710

I can’t say this is the best dressing ever, but I can say it’s really light and grows on you. The first 2 bites I didn’t taste much, but the more I ate it the more the flavors came out. I think making it in advanced helps too so the dressing can develop more flavor. I also used this over some roasted potatoes and it was tasty. Got to think outside the box sometimes!

Best Dressing
(Adapted from An Edible Mosaic)
(Yield: About 3/4 cup)

Printer Friendly Version

1/3 cup extra virgin olive oil (I used Carapelli)
2 tablespoons apple cider vinegar (or red wine vinegar)
2 tablespoons honey
1/2 tablespoon Dijon mustard
1/2 tablespoon tamari sauce (or soy sauce)
1 tablespoon poppy seeds
1 tablespoon sesame seeds
1-2 teaspoons seasoned salt (more or less to taste)
1/4 teaspoon black pepper
1/2 small white onion, minced
1 small clove garlic, grated on a microplane

Whisk together all ingredients. Store refrigerated up to 1 week.

IMG_1706IMG_1715

1 comment: