Friday, May 4, 2012

Strawberry Iced Tea

IMG_1686

Since summer is creeping in I thought I would try some new drinks to sit by the pool. This one doesn’t have liquor, but you could easily add a little something something if you wanted.

Mine didn’t look like the picture online here’s how it looked:

Pinned Image

I’m not sure what I did wrong, maybe I didn’t use a fine enough strainer I’m not sure. It still tasted good. Hubby was a little off putted by the little berry seeds that did make it through the strainer, but over all it was nice and refreshing.

IMG_1675

Strawberry Iced Tea
(Adapted from Room for Dessert)
Serving: 5

Printer Friendly Version

2 cups whole frozen strawberries
32 fluid ounces, brewed tea, make hot then let cool
1/3 cup white sugar (amount can vary depending on desired sweetness)
1/4 cup freshly squeezed lemon juice
1/2 punnet of fresh strawberries
mint leaves
ice

Blend frozen strawberries in a food processor until smooth, then strain. (Apprantly I had the super frozen iced bag so I had to add some of the tea to the blender in order to get it to blend.)

IMG_1676IMG_1677IMG_1678

Mix together pureed strawberries, tea, desired amount of sugar to taste, and lemon juice.

IMG_1681

Chill

Decorate and serve with a fresh strawberry (stem removed), ice and a sprig of mint

IMG_1683IMG_1690

1 comment: