Friday, September 13, 2013

Cream Cheese Pie Filling

IMG_9572 (800x533)

One thing I love to serve at the holidays or for parties is this super easy cream cheese pie filling. Every year my brother and I would just sit there and eat the filling by itself and tell my grandmother not to waste time making a pie shell. You can serve it as one large pie, in mini pie shells or like I did below on a pie crust circle or even in shot glasses for mini cream cheese pie shooters and insert a pie crust cut out on top. Either way this great for when you don’t have a lot of time to make a dessert and it can be made in advance if need be.

Cream Cheese Pie Filling

(Adapted from unknown origin)

 

Printer Friendly Version

 

8 ounces cream cheese

1 cup sugar

1 lemon

1 envelope dream whip or 2 cups cool whip


Blend cream cheese and sugar well. Add juice of lemon. Mix dream whip per package directions and fold into cream cheese mixture. Pour into a baked pie shell and top with desired pie filling fruit or you can leave plain.

For the pie crust I used a store bought one, rolled it out and cut out circles. Bake as directed then once cooled I piped on the cream cheese pie filing.

IMG_9544 (800x533)IMG_9573 (800x533)IMG_9574 (800x533)

1 comment:

  1. Or make it super easy and top a pre-made cookie!

    Looks good.

    ReplyDelete