Monday, February 3, 2014

Effortless Spinach Salad

IMG_1691 (800x533)

I first had this salad during Christmas at my in-laws and fell in love with this salad. I’ve made it so many times in the last couple of weeks you think I would be sick of it, but I can’t get enough. It’s super quick to toss together and has all the great textures from the nuts and the sweetness from the dried cranberries.

Effortless Spinach Salad

(Adapted from Ocean Spray)

Makes 4 servings.

 

Printer Friendly Version

 

8 ounces fresh spinach

1/2 cup feta or goat cheese, crumbled

1/4 small red onion, thinly sliced

1/2 cup Craisins® Original Dried Cranberries

2 tablespoons toasted sliced almonds, optional (I used walnuts)

 

DRESSING:

1/2 cup bottled balsamic vinaigrette salad dressing (I used La Madeleine Balsamic Vinaigrette)

2 tablespoons orange juice

1 teaspoon orange zest, optional

 

Wash and clean spinach. Tear into bite size pieces and place in a serving bowl. Add half of the feta or goat cheese and onion; toss to combine.

 

Combine dressing ingredients in a small mixing bowl.

 

 IMG_1639 (800x533)

 

Pour over salad and toss to coat. Sprinkle with remaining cheese. Top with dried cranberries and almonds. Serve immediately.

IMG_1693 (800x533)

1 comment:

  1. Hi! I know this is somewhat off topic but I was wondering if you knew where I could get a captcha plugin for
    my comment form? I'm using the same blog platform as yours and I'm having difficulty finding one?
    Thanks a lot!

    My site :: facebookofsex.com

    ReplyDelete