Wednesday, June 4, 2014

Authentic Charlie Palmer's Steak Dry Rub Recipe

IMG_4699 (800x533)

Usually my hubby is a little skeptical after I mention I made a new rub or marinade for steaks since that’s always his job. I have to say this rub actually makes the steak taste exactly like a steakhouse. We have never been to Charlie Palmer’s Steakhouse, but if this recipe is any indication of how the food is here sign me up! As per my hubby’s request I need to go make up a big batch of this to have on hand. Hope you enjoy!!

Authentic Charlie Palmer's Steak Dry Rub Recipe

(Adapted from Charlie Palmer’s Steakhouse)

Yield: about 1-2 cup

 

Printer Friendly Version

 

1/2 cup light brown sugar

1/2 cup kosher salt

1 tablespoon cayenne pepper

2 tablespoons ground cumin

2 tablespoons granulated garlic

2 tablespoons granulated onion

1 tablespoon dry English mustard (like Coleman's)

1 tablespoon finely ground black pepper

 

Mix all ingredients until well incorporated.

 

IMG_4612 (800x533)IMG_4613 (800x533) 


Sprinkle on all sides of the meat to be grilled. Then thoroughly smack, flip, and rub it in.

 

 IMG_4695 (800x533)

 

Cook over grill or stovetop.

IMG_4697 (800x533)

No comments:

Post a Comment