Wednesday, September 24, 2014

Parmesan Chicken Manicotti

IMG_6716 (800x533)

I’m a huge fan of chicken parmesan so this was on my must try list. It turned out pretty good, I don’t know if it’s because I used a simple grilled chicken or it was just missing something. I didn’t follow the sauce recipe I just did what I usually do as a sauce when I make chicken parmesan. I also added some seasoned bread crumbs on top to add to the flavor which helped. Maybe just strange because it’s not the original haha, but I would make it again.

Parmesan Chicken Manicotti

(Adapted from Heart Mind and Seoul)

 

Printer Friendly Version

 

7 pieces Manicotti, cooked according to instructions

1 cup part skim Ricotta cheese

½ cup shredded Parmesan cheese

1 cup shredded cooked chicken

1 egg

1 teaspoon oregano

salt and black pepper

1 can Italian style crushed tomatoes

2 tablespoons grated Parmesan cheese

1 tablespoon chopped fresh basil leaves

¼ cup Parmesan cheese

6-8 basil leaves

 

In medium bowl, combine cooked shredded chicken, Ricotta cheese, Parmesan cheese, egg, oregano, salt and pepper together and stir until well mixed.

 

 IMG_6699 (800x533)IMG_6703 (800x533)

 

Stuff each cooked Manicotti with about ¼ cupful of the chicken and cheese mixture carefully so that the Manicotti doesn’t tear.

 

 IMG_6711 (800x533)

 

Add the crushed tomatoes in saucepan over low heat. Add 2 tablespoons grated Parmesan and 1 tablespoon chopped basil leaves and stir frequently, until it starts to bubble. Simmer until heated through.

 

Spray baking dish with cooking spray and place the stuffed Manicotti in it. Pour about 1 cup (or more) prepared sauce over the Manicotti. Sprinkle with Parmesan cheese and place basil leaves.

 

Bake at 350 degrees F for 35 minutes or until hot and bubbly.

IMG_6712 (800x533)IMG_6714 (800x533)IMG_6715 (800x533)

No comments:

Post a Comment