Wednesday, October 28, 2015

Garlic Lemon and Parmesan Roasted Brussel Sprouts

IMG_2989 (800x533)

As my October version of my New Years Resolution I bring you brussel sprouts! I don’t know why I’ve been so scared of these little guys. I finally broke down and tried some at a few restaurants then decided hey I can do this. I buy them already off the stock and then remove whatever funky leaves on the outside are hanging on. Then I like to slice them in half. Most recipes I’ve been trying you roast them which I prefer the more blackened the better. This recipe has a simple addition of flavor, but you can go any direction you want with them once cooked.

Garlic Lemon and Parmesan Roasted Brussels Sprouts

(Adapted from Cooking Classy)

 

Printer Friendly Version

 

1 lb Brussels sprouts, rinsed and dried, ends trimmed, sliced in half lengthwise

2 - 3 cloves garlic, minced

2 Tbsp extra virgin olive oil

2 tsp fresh lemon juice, plus more for serving

1/2 tsp (scant) fine sea salt, or to taste

1/4 tsp freshly ground black pepper

1/4 cup freshly grated parmesan cheese

 

Preheat oven to 400 degrees. Add Brussels sprouts and garlic to a large mixing bowl, drizzle with olive oil and lemon juice then toss. Sprinkle with salt and pepper and toss.

 

IMG_2974 (800x533)IMG_2976 (800x533)

 

Spread onto a cookie sheet in an even layer.

 

Bake in preheated oven, tossing once halfway through baking, until golden brown on edges, about 25 - 30 minutes. Serve warm spritzed with more lemon juice to taste and topped with parmesan cheese.

IMG_2983 (800x533)IMG_2994 (800x533)

No comments:

Post a Comment