Monday, July 17, 2017

Homemade Naturally Sweetened Blueberry Fruit Roll-Ups

IMG_8820 (800x600)

Summer is almost over and I’m trying to get back into school mode for snack ideas. I don’t like my son having a lot of sugar so I thought I would try these out. I have to admit they came out pretty good for my first time making them. He’s not a huge blueberry fan, but seemed to like these. The only thing I don’t like is how long the oven has to stay on, so this will be more of a winter project using fruits I have frozen when on sale.

Homemade Naturally Sweetened Blueberry Fruit Roll-Ups

(Adapted from Sugar-Free Mom)

 

Printer Friendly Version

 

32 ounces frozen blueberries, thawed or 1 pound fresh

1/2 lemon or 1 tablespoon lemon juice

1/2 teaspoon vanilla liquid stevia or 1 tablespoon honey (I used honey)

 

Preheat oven to 170 degrees F.

 

Place all ingredients into a blender and blend until smooth.


IMG_8734 (800x600)

 

If needed to help blender add 2 tablespoons of water.

 

Pour blueberry juice over a silpat or parchment paper on a baking pan.


IMG_8735 (800x600)

 

Spread evenly about an inch away from edges.

 

Bake 6-7 hours until it's no longer sticky when touched.


IMG_8779 (800x600)

 

Cut into strips and roll onto parchment paper. (I put cling wrap on top and bottom then rolled up and cut with scissors.)


IMG_8780 (800x600)

 

Secure with tape, elastic or twine.


IMG_8821 (800x600)

No comments:

Post a Comment