I've been playing with my new Iphone and I am addicted to it and I somehow manage to wear the battery down everyday. Anyway one of the applications I downloaded on it is a recipe program called Big Oven. (Can you tell I have an addiction to recipes?) I wanted to check it out and find a recipe for my mother in law's birthday. We had her over on Sunday since we are heading out of town on Wednesday to my parents for Thanksgiving. I found a recipe for a chicken dish I had at a local restaurant called Carraba's and I had to try it.
The recipe says it yields 8 servings, but I like a lot of sauce on stuff so it was enough for 5 maybe 6 people if you are using the sauce over noodles like I did. If you use the sauce for the chicken only then you should be able to yield 8. The only thing I changed is I used dried minced garlic because I forgot to pick some fresh garlic up at the store. (I think the people at HEB know me since I'm in there so much.) I was also confused when they say it yields 8 but they have 6 chicken breast???
Overall the flavors where amazing and I recommend letting the sauce simmer for a while in order to thicken up.
Carraba's Chicken Bryan
(Adapted from http://www.bigoven.com/)
2 tablespoons minced garlic
2 tablespoons minced yellow onion
4 tablespoons butter
1 cup dry white wine
1/2 cup squeezed lemon line
1 1/3 cup chicken broth
1/4 cup balsamic vinegar
2 tablespoons cornstarch
2 1/2 cups sun dried tomatoes
1/2 cup fresh chopped basil
salt and pepper
6 chicken breast cut into halves
olive oil for brushing
balsamic vinegar for brushing
salt and pepper for chicken
12 ounces soft goat cheese at room temperature
1. Saute Garlic and onion in 4 TBS butter in a large skillet over medium heat.
2. Stir in Wine, Lemon juice, increase heat to Medium high and simmer.
3. Reduce heat to Low. Stir in Chicken broth. Add Balsamic and slowly stir in corn starch.
4. Stir in tomatoes, Basil, Salt, White Pepper. Keep on low heat and Cover.
5. Brush chicken breast with oil, balsalmic, and salt and pepper them.
6. Fry chicken in Iron skillet until thoroughly cooked. Place in sauce to keep warm.
7. When serving place an even amount of goat cheese on each breast. Spoon Sundried tomatoe sauce over chicken and goat cheese.
Delicious to serve with salad, a vegtable like zucchini, or rice.
Happy birthday Barbara I hope you have a wonderful day!