Tuesday, November 4, 2008

Sweets and a Treat

As if you aren't sick of candy here's a fudge recipe I tried out. I've never been able to make a good batch of fudge. I don't know what my problem is, but it never sets up. This is the best attempt at it I've ever had. It held together nicely, but I think I rushed it out of the fridge to take a picture and taste test. :P I hate waiting I'm so bad at it. I'm starting to try out some recipes to see what I want to bake this year as part of gifts. My husband is a huge fan of fudge and he said this one was really rich, but also tasted really good.

Cappuccino Pecan Fudge

1(14 ounce) can sweetened condensed milk
8 ounces semisweet baking chocolate
1 tablespoon instant coffee powder
1/2 cup powdered sugar
1/2 cup chopped pecans

Grease an 8 inch pan. In a saucepan heat milk over low heat. Add chocolate and stir until melted; remove from heat. Place instant coffee in a small bow and mix in 3 to 4 tablespoons of chocolate mixture, stirring until coffee is dissolved. Add coffee and powdered sugar to melted chocolate. Stir until smooth then add in pecans. Pour into prepared pan; cool.



A huge thank you to Priscilla over at Priscilla's Baking Adventures for this award. If you want to see a determined girl cook her heart out she has the blog to check out. Everything she makes is fantastic and she shares of love of photography with the world as well. I wish her all the best as she continues to cook and blog about it!


I'm passing it on to a few people who I admire:


Candy at The Courageous Cook

Jenny at Picky Palate

Lisa at Jersey Girl Cooks

Thank you ladies for sharing your life and recipes!

9 comments:

  1. What a nice surprise to wake up to your fabulous fudge and blog award. Thanks and have a great day!! I gotta make some fudge while I'm on my sweet tooth kick!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you so much! How kind of you for those nice comments.

    Great fudge! I must wait to make this as the butt is expanding from all the candy I'm eating(LOL).

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congratulations on your well-deserved award. And I, alas, now have a huge taste for fudge. This is a really nice recipe.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow, that fudge looks super rich and delicious!! YUM!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. That fudge looks rich and tasty! I definitely have a weakness for fudge! I'm a big fan of the fudge made with Fluff-I'm actually just a big fan of Fluff-embarassingly I can it right from the jar!

    ReplyDelete
  6. This fudge looks heavenly and I don't even like coffee. I'm going to try it though as my family are big on sweets with coffee.

    ReplyDelete
  7. yummy, that fudge looks sooo good! thank you allie for the right up on my blog...i enjoyed reading it!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I've never made fudge. I really should try. It's such a tasty holiday treat!

    ReplyDelete
  9. The fudge looks good to me! It's almost that time of year! I tend to make fudge recipes that contain marshmallow fluff -- they seem to be foolproof.

    ReplyDelete