Monday, December 29, 2008

Jacked Up Pecans

It's nice to be back home sleeping in my my own bed again. I titled the post "jacked up pecans" due to my week being jacked up. I love the holidays don't get me wrong, but what I don't like is being so mixed up on what day it is. This week I'll be working through Wednesday and then heading with my friend Laura to Canton to check out the big Canton, Texas Trade Days. Every first weekend of the month there's a huge outdoor event full of crafts, antiques, food, clothing and the list keeps going. Basically it's every husbands worst nightmare! Anyway I hope to find some good deals and ideas to take back with me. I'm also on the hunt for some new outdoor yard decor.

These pecans are just what the doctor ordered. I made a big batch (multiplied the recipe by 4) in order to share with my parents, my in laws and my hubby. We're big fans of Jack Daniels down here and deep down I think we keep them in business. You can use any liquor for this I'm sure. The only thing was there wasn't enough Jack flavor so when they were finished drying I sprinkled on a little more Jack from the bottle and let them dry again. I made the big mistake of making it on a rainy day. I was pleased to see they just needed more time to dy out, but worked out just fine. Either way I wouldn't let it go to waste.

Jack Daniels Pecans
(Adapted from Rah Cha Chow)

1/4 cup sugar
2 Tablespoons Jack Daniels
2 teaspoons instant coffee
1/4 teaspoon cinnamon
1 1/2 cups pecans
Preheat oven to 325 F.In a large skillet, combine sugar, Jack Daniels, instant coffee and cinnamon. Mix until well combined.

Stir in pecans. Bring to a boil over medium heat, stirring constantly until pecans are well coated.

Put in oven and bake about 10 minutes, until the coating is dry. Cool.

Have a great week along with a very safe and happy new year!!

8 comments:

  1. Allie, these are definite must try! They look really good.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I will have to make these for our New Years party! They look like the perfect snack!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I agree -- my mom said they were very flavorful, but didn't necessarily taste like Jack. But it's a recipe worth playing around with.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love the sounds of these pecans! YUM! Happy New Year to you and your family!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I have never thought of going with the Jack...like that idea! Can't wait to start spending our $ on all the bargins of Canton!

    ReplyDelete
  6. These look so good. I will be making them for tomorrow. Happy New Year Allie!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I am mixed up on days too. Very creative! Happy New Year!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Allie, please send me you full name and address. You won the platter!

    Mary - oneperfectbite@yahoo.com

    ReplyDelete