Friday, November 6, 2009

Old-Fashioned Lemon Pudding

I love reading other bloggers recipes as I hope many of you enjoy some of the things I have to share. I don't know how she does it, but Mary makes the most wonderful things and she post all the time. One of her recipes caught my eye that sounds so refreshing I knew I had to try it. I didn't take pictures of the process, but it's really easy. Check out her blog to see how beautiful the pudding looks, since I couldn't get a really good shot of how wonderful it looks. This makes the perfect amount and my hubby has already requested I make it again!

Old Fashioned Lemon Pudding
(Adapted from Mary at One Perfect Bite)

Ingredients:
3/4 cup granulated sugar
1/4 cup cornstarch
2-1/2 cups milk
3 large egg yolks, lightly beaten
2 tablespoons finely grated lemon zest
Pinch of salt
1/2 cup fresh lemon juice
2 tablespoons butter, softened

Directions:
1) Place sugar and cornstarch in a 2-quart saucepan. Whisk to combine. Gradually add milk, whisking until smooth. Add egg yolks, lemon zest and salt. Cook, stirring, over medium-high heat until sauce thickens and coats a spoon.

2) Remove pan from heat. Stir in lemon juice and butter. Pour through a fine mesh strainer into a large bowl or individual serving dishes. Let cool to room temperature. Cover with plastic wrap. Transfer to refrigerator for 2 hours, or until set. Serve chilled. Yield: 4 -6 servings.


2 comments:

  1. Looks good. I love pudding and I love lemon.

    Will have to give this recipe a try. Thanks for posting it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Allie, Im very flattered and so pleased you liked the pudding. Hugs...Mary

    ReplyDelete