Monday, June 14, 2010

Chocolate Banana Pie

I had some bananas to use up and of course while flipping through the shows on tv I came across Paula Deen making a yummy looking pie. Sure enough I had all the ingredients so I paused the show and cooked along side her. Hubby wasn't loving the pie, but I thought it was good. I think it's the texture of the ricotta he didn't like in it. I'm sure if you did the smaller cups how Paula did it wouldn't be so noticable as a big slice of pie.

Chocolate Banana Pie
(Adapted from Paula Deen)

2 to 3 ripe bananas
1 (8-ounce) package cream cheese
1 (15-ounce) container ricotta cheese
1/2 cup sugar
1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
3/4 cup cocoa powder
4 (1-cup volume each) 4-inch diameter mini pie crusts (graham cracker or shortbread)
Whipped cream
Dried banana chips, crushed
White chocolate, shaved, optional for garnish

In a mixer combine bananas, cream cheese, ricotta, sugar and vanilla and mix well.

Slowly beat in cocoa powder to avoid dry pockets.

Pour into shells and refrigerate for at least 2 hours.

Top with whipped cream and banana chips.

Top with shaved white chocolate, if desired

Serving tip: Instead of mini crusts you can serve in a martini or other cocktail glass.

2 comments:

  1. This looks awfully good! I suppose I could delay my diet for a day or two :-). Have a great day. Blessings...Mary

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think it looks and sounds good!

    ReplyDelete