Monday, October 11, 2010

Grilled Corn and Chipotle Pepper Salad

This is a super light and refreshing salad. Being a picky eater I don't eat half of the stuff in it, but my hubby raved about how good all the fresh ingredients tasted together so I had to try it. I thought it would be a great dish to end summer and welcome Fall. I happened to really like it as well I just closed my eyes and let the flavors do the talking. :)

It's also the perfect to dish send me off on my way tomorrow to Iowa. I've been invited to attend the Iowa CORNucopia Tour and I can't tell you how excited I am about this trip. Corn is one of my all time favorite veggies. I'll be updating Twitter the whole time while I'm there so be sure to follow me so you can get the scoop as it's happening! Can't wait to share with you all more details and show you how your food makes it from the farmers to your plate!

Grilled Corn and Chipotle Pepper Salad
(Adapted from Aaron McCargo Jr.)

Printer Friendly Version

Ingredients
8 ears fresh corn, husks and silk removed
1/2 red bell pepper, diced
1/2 red onion, chopped (I used a sweet yellow onion)
2 tablespoons sliced green onion
2 chipotle peppers, minced (I left this out)
3 tablespoons chopped fresh cilantro leaves
1/4 cup extra-virgin olive oil
1 tablespoon minced garlic
1 lime, juiced
1 1/2 tablespoons kosher salt
1 teaspoon coarsely ground black pepper

Directions
Preheat the grill to medium.

Arrange the corn on the grill and cook, turning frequently, until the corn is slightly charred, about 12 to 15 minutes

Remove the corn from the grill to a cutting board and let cool. Cut the kernels from the cobs with a sharp knife and transfer to a serving bowl. Add all the remaining ingredients and toss to combine.

2 comments:

  1. This looks so good. I luv the colors and we luv corn too!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I luv corn and the items made by them......
    ==========
    SEO services

    ReplyDelete