Wednesday, September 14, 2011

Strawberry Cheesecake Ice Cream

Strawberry Cheesecake Ice Cream

(Photo from Kraft Foods)

Strawberries where recently on sale and I had this simple ice cream recipe I’ve been wanting to try so I thought I would give it a shot. I wish I hadn’t mixed up the berries and graham crackers in the food processor because it didn’t give me the chunks as the picture above shows. I liked that it doesn’t make a whole lot so you’re not stuck eating it forever too. Overall I really enjoyed it and will make it again for sure.

Strawberry Cheesecake Ice Cream
(Adapted from Kraft Foods)

Printer Friendly Version

1 pkg. (8 oz.) PHILADELPHIA Cream Cheese, softened
1 can  (14 oz.) sweetened condensed milk
1/3 cup whipping cream
2 tsp.  lemon zest, I used dried
1-1/2 cups fresh strawberries
3   HONEY MAID Honey Grahams, coarsely chopped

Mix first 4 ingredients with mixer until well blended. Freeze 4 hours or until almost solid.

IMG_4421IMG_4424

Beat cream cheese mixture with mixer until creamy. Blend berries in blender until smooth. I would just dice them small and stir in next time.

IMG_4428

Add to cream cheese mixture with chopped grahams; mix well.

IMG_4463IMG_4465

Freeze 8 hours or until firm.

Remove dessert from freezer 15 min. before serving; let stand at room temperature to soften slightly before scooping into dishes.

1 comment: