Friday, October 7, 2011

Mahogany Chicken Waves

If you have been following me for a long time you’ll know I love the Practical Gourmet Small Plates For Sharing book. I’ve fallen in love with many of the recipes I’ve tried….well until now. I finally found a bad recipe. I was so grossed out and upset with the results I forgot to take pictures of the finished dish! You know I’m all for trying new things, but this combo was just no good at all. I think the cocoa was the problem, it made it taste burned and really made the flavor bad. Oh well, have to hurry and make another recipe from the book so it can redeem itself haha.

Mahogany Chicken Waves
(Adapted from Practical Gourmet Small Plates For Sharing)

Printer Friendly Version

2 tablespoons brown sugar, packed
1 tablespoon chili powder
1 tablespoon smoked sweet paprika
1 teaspoon cocoa, sifted if lumpy
¼ teaspoon garlic powder
¼ teaspoon pepper
2 boneless, skinless chicken breast halves, cut lengthwise into 4 strips each
8 bamboo skewers, soaked in water for 10 minutes
1 tablespoon olive oil
½ teaspoon salt

Combine first 6 ingredients. Add chicken and stir. Chill, covered, for 1 hour.

Thread chicken onto skewers. Brush with olive oil and sprinkle with salt. Cook on a greased grill on medium for about 3 minutes per side until no longer pink inside. Makes 8 skewers.










1 comment: