Wednesday, October 5, 2011

Steak with Smoked Whiskey Cream Sauce

IMG_4950

I love our Sunday steak night’s. Hubby isn’t a huge fan of sauce with steak, but he is a Jack Daniel’s fan so I thought I would try this sauce and boy was it a hit. We almost licked the plate it was that good! I didn’t use the Mesquite-Aged Whiskey I just used Jack Daniel’s and I didn’t add the liquid smoke since we grilled our steak. If you cook the steak indoors in a pan I would add the liquid smoke.

IMG_4951

Smoked Whiskey Cream Sauce
(Adapted from Fine Texas Cuisine by Jon Bonnell)
1 serving

Printer Friendly Version

1 tablespoon butter
1 small shallot, finely chopped
1 clove garlic, chopped
2 tablespoons plus 1 ½ teaspoons McKendrick’s Mesquite-Aged Whiskey (Jack Daniel’s plus 1 drop liquid smoke may be substituted)
¼ cup heavy cream

In a small pan, add the butter, shallot, and garlic.

IMG_4923

Sauté until lightly brown and then add the whiskey. Be careful to do this away from the flame, because the whiskey will flame. If using an electric range, light with a match and stand back.

IMG_4932

After whiskey has burned out, add the cream and reduce to a slightly thick consistency that will coat the steak.

IMG_4935IMG_4938IMG_4946

Pour the sauce directly over the cooked steak, allowing the sauce to run down all sides and serve.

IMG_4949

2 comments:

  1. That whole meal looks good. Your man is lucky that you cook such wonderful food!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think your husband and I would be great friends! I love Jack Daniels!!! This sauce looks great!

    ReplyDelete