Wednesday, January 18, 2012

Hide Party and other happenings

IMG_8056 (Copy)

I haven’t posted any pictures lately so to kick off this year’s season of rodeo I thought I would start with the Hide Party from last Friday night. Most of you probably have no clue what I’m talking about so I’ll give you a little information. Each year my husband’s side of the family goes in together and buys a Steer at the Houston Livestock Show and Rodeo. The following year they host a Hide party where they have a fancy dinner, a few kids who have received scholarships through the program speak and you pick up your hide from the steer you purchased the year before.

The location changed this year so being at a new venue the food was different. I wasn’t super excited about the food, because since it was sitting out in the buffet line by the time they told us to go get it the food had gotten cold. The chicken and beef where the best.

IMG_8068 (Copy)IMG_8074 (Copy)

Early Saturday morning we headed off to Corpus Christi, Texas to visit my family. We had a great weekend and hubby got to squeeze in some duck hunting and hog hunting. He came back with 6 ducks and a pig so can’t complain. If you haven’t had a chance to try wild hog meat you are missing out. Personally we like that more than venison meat. My dad made a really good stuffed chicken I wanted to share with ya’ll. He took a tamale and wrapped a chicken breast around it then topped it with a mixture of panko, seasonings, butter and cheese. When it comes out of the oven you have really nice stuffed chicken. I love how he’s inspired with some leftover tamales that’s not enough for a meal, but just enough to create something new.

IMG_8081IMG_8086

The next couple of post I have will be some side dishes I served at our big Christmas dinner. I’m also lining up some giveaways shortly so stay tuned!

Oh before I forget I’ve got a new award from Food on the Table which you can see on the left side bar. They where kind enough to pick me as a featured everyday foodie and I look forward to partnering with them.

1 comment:

  1. That's a really creative recipe from your dad.

    My hubbies favorite line from the movie Jerimiah Johnson is "good hunter, YES"

    ReplyDelete