Friday, April 13, 2012

Autumn Salad with Apples and Dijon/Maple Vinaigrette

IMG_8664

I’ve been looking for some other salad dressing recipes. I always feel they taste better when homemade if possible rather then the bottled stuff out there. Besides usually when I’m done with what the recipe makes I don’t have leftover dressing that sits in my fridge for the next year. This recipe has all sorts of additions to it which you can see if you click the link under the recipe title. I just added the apples like she had and then used the spicy pecans from one of my recipes which can be found HERE. Don’t dump a lot of this vinaigrette on your salad it’s a little heavy feeling, but the flavor is really nice.

IMG_8813

Autumn Salad with Apples and Dijon/Maple Vinaigrette
(Adapted from The Cafe Sucre Farine)

Printer Friendly Version

¼ cup Greek yogurt
¼ cup pure maple syrup
3 tablespoons mild white vinegar, I used white balsamic but you could also use white wine vinegar or rice vinegar
2 teaspoons brown sugar
1 teaspoon dijon mustard
⅓ cup extra virgin olive oil
sea salt and freshly ground black pepper, to taste

Prepare the dressing; combine Greek yogurt, maple syrup, vinegar and mustard in a medium bowl and whisk until well combined and creamy.

IMG_8642IMG_8644

Slowly, in a steady stream add oil whisking continuously until well combined and slightly thickened.

IMG_8645IMG_8646

Taste and season with sea salt and freshly ground pepper.

IMG_8814IMG_8666

No comments:

Post a Comment