Monday, July 23, 2012

Blueberry Ricotta Pancakes/Waffles

IMG_3144

I decided to give a idea I had gotten a try and I’m glad I did. These pancakes came out really nice and fluffy. I had seen recipes before using ricotta and since I had some leftover I thought I would give it a try. I would have added some orange zest in as well, but I didn’t have any on hand. I also used some of the batter to make waffles the next morning and those came out good too, except the blueberries burned a little so I would leave them out next time until the waffle is done then add some fresh berries on top.

Blueberry Ricotta Pancakes/Waffles

Printer Friendly Version

¾ to 1 cup flour
1 teaspoon baking powder
pinch of salt
2 tablespoons sugar
1 egg
½ cup milk
3 tablespoons butter, melted
½ cup ricotta
fresh blueberries

Sift together the dry ingredients.

IMG_3128

Combine the egg, milk, butter and ricotta in a separate bowl and mix well.

IMG_3122IMG_3126

Slowly combine the wet and dry ingredients and gently mix until you have a smooth batter.

IMG_3130IMG_3132

Fry spoonfuls of the mixture in a non-stick pan and add a generous amount of blueberries to the uncooked side before flipping.

IMG_3140IMG_3142

Serve with syrup or whipped cream and additional blueberries.

IMG_3146IMG_3154

1 comment: