Wednesday, December 5, 2012

Strawberry Spinach Salad with Poppy Seed Dressing

IMG_5838 (Copy)

We had some friends join us up at the lake this past weekend and I tried a new salad out with our steak night to balance out the baked potato and rich steak sauce. I love fruit added in salads, and who doesn’t love strawberries? The dressing is really quick and easy to toss together. I can’t wait to make this one again.

Strawberry Spinach Salad with Poppy Seed Dressing
(Adapted from Taste of Home Annual Recipes 2013)

Printer Friendly Version

½ cup olive oil
¼ cup sugar
3 tablespoons white or balsamic vinegar
2 tablespoons sesame seeds
1 tablespoon poppy seeds
1 tablespoon chopped onion
¼ teaspoon paprika
¼ teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
1 package (9 ounces) fresh spinach
4 cups fresh strawberries, sliced
¼ chopped pecans, toasted

Place the first 8 ingredients in a jar with a tight fitting lid; shake well. Refrigerate for 1 hour.

IMG_5723 (Copy)

Just before serving, combine the remaining ingredients in a large bowl. Shake dressing and drizzle over salad; toss to coat.

IMG_5835 (Copy)

2 comments:

  1. I haven't made a spinach and strawberry salad because I couldn't figure out what kind of dressing to use.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love adding fruit to salads - it adds the perfect touch of sweetness! My current favourite is a sprinkling of pomegranate seeds!

    ReplyDelete