Friday, June 18, 2010

Tiramisu Cocktail

This isn't gonna be one of those cocktails I make again. It was ok, but after one you better be ready to pass out on the floor. It's a really strong one! I would like to keep looking for a good recipe so if you have one let me know. Tiramisu is one of my favorite desserts so when I saw there was a martini recipe I knew I had to try it. I originally came across this when I was looking for a cocktail for our Valentine's Day party then bookmarked it and came back to it later.

Tiramisu Cocktail
(Adapted from Diana's Desserts)
Makes 2 servings

Ingredients:
4 ounces vanilla vodka
1 ounce hazelnut liqueur (Frangelico recommended)
1 1/2 ounces white chocolate liqueur (Godiva recommended)
1 ounce Bailey's Irish Crème
Splash crème de cocoa
Splash half-and-half (half whole milk/half full cream combination)
Ice

Garnish (optional):
Ground Cinnamon
Ground Nutmeg
Chocolate Curls
Fresh Strawberries, sliced
Maraschino Cherries

You will need:
Martini blender or shaker, or a cocktail blender or shaker
2 chilled martini glasses

Instructions:
Combine vodka, liqueurs, Irish Creme, creme de cocoa and half-and-half in a martini shaker half filled with ice. Shake vigorously until the cocktail is thoroughly chilled. If desired, sprinkle the 2 chilled martini glasses with ground cinnamon.

Pour the cocktail into the glasses and garnish with a dash of nutmeg or a few chocolate curls, or top with a strawberry slice or 1 or 2 maraschino cherries.

1 comment:

  1. I can see that from all the ingredients! Keep looking, you'll find one that hits the spot.

    ReplyDelete